Eden Hair Energy Policies
We understand how chaotic life can be — which is why we encourage you to book your appointments well in advance, especially if there’s a specific time, day or stylist you prefer.
Due to the impact of repeated cancellations, reschedules and no-shows on our business, we’ve been forced to implement the following deposit/booking fee and cancellation policy.
We ask that if you need to reschedule, you do so at least two salon business days before your scheduled appointment.
- We require a $100 deposit for all services over $100 and full payment upfront for services under $100. This will come off your appointment cost, provided you don’t cancel or reschedule within two salon business days of your scheduled appointment.
- Our salon business days are Tuesday to Saturday. We are closed Sunday and Monday. If you have a Tuesday appointment you need to cancel or reschedule, we ask that you do so no later than the previous Friday to allow us time to contact other clients on our cancellation list.
- We will send you a reminder text message to help you keep track of your appointment 72 hours before your appointment. We ask that you be mindful when you book your appointments of any conflicting arrangements and that you keep track of when they are scheduled.
- If you need to cancel/reschedule your appointment, your deposit can be transferred to your next booking, used on products or transferred to a voucher if you have made the cancellation or reschedule two salon business days before your appointment. Your deposit cannot be refunded. If you choose a gift voucher, it is valid for three years from the initial deposit payment date.
- Cancellations within two salon business days of your appointment will result in your deposit/booking fee being forfeited, and another booking fee will be required to make any additional appointments.
- Additional cancellations or no-shows will result in us requiring payment of 50% of your cancelled service, as well as requiring a new booking deposit which will need to be paid in full before future bookings can be made.
- Further cancellations/no-shows to appointments will require us to take payment in full for the whole service to make any future appointments. Should you cancel/reschedule within two salon business days of the appointment the payment will be forfeited.
- We ask that you cancel any appointments via phone on (02) 6262 8948 to make sure the message is received. If this is not an option for you, please email us at [email protected].
To confirm your appointment, we’ll send you a text message 72 hours before your appointment asking you to respond YES to confirm or to phone the salon to reschedule.
If we are unable to receive confirmation of your appointment by 12:00 PM the salon day before (Remember that for Tuesday appointments this means by 12:00 PM the Saturday before), we will need to cancel your appointment and offer it to someone on our waiting list. In cases such as these, your deposit will be void and a new one will be needed in order to make another booking.
We use this pricelist as the foundation for providing quotes for our hair services. However, it is important to note that we aren’t able to provide exact quotes until we assess your hair, in person.
If you are a new client to Eden Hair Energy or looking to make a major hair change, you will first need to book in for a consultation. During your consultation, you’ll get to meet your hair stylist, ask questions and receive an accurate quote upon assessment of your hair.
Either way, we will always provide you with a full itemised quote before we start your hair service on the day of your appointment.
At Eden Hair Energy, we genuinely care. We aim to provide the best possible service and deliver optimal results that you’re 100% happy with. If you happen to leave our salon and find that your hair service results or purchased products are not as you expected, we ask that you please let us know.
If you’re unhappy with a service provided – we want to make it right. Please contact us within one week of your appointment so we can work together to find a solution at little or no cost to you.
Please be advised:
- This may not extend to ‘change of mind’ where we have provided the requested service, but it is not what you want once you have it.
- We are also only able to do the best we can with the information you provide us with. As such, it is very important that you provide an honest and accurate history of your hair over the past five years. This means we can determine what we can do for your hair, effectively. Failing to provide us with accurate information can lead to unwanted results such as damage and less than optimal colour results. Important things to disclose are:
- If you have had highlights or bleached your hair
- If you have used Henna (ever)
- If you have had permanent straightening or a perm
- What home hair care you are using
- If you have been maintaining your own regrowth at home with box colour (and the frequency)
- How often you heat style your hair
Taking good care of your hair at home is just as essential as regular visits to a salon for maintenance.
Some of the treatments we offer at Eden Hair Energy may require special home care for optimal and lasting results. Your stylist can recommend the best products from our extensive list of quality home hair care products to maintain your colour, style, or treatment. This is part of the service we offer to you as professional hairdressers. If you choose not to follow the home care explained to you, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the durability of the service we have provided.
If we recommend a product to you that you purchase from us and find that it’s not quite right for you, please feel free to return it to us. Provided it is 70% full and returned within 30 days of the date of purchase, we’ll happily exchange it for something that is better suited to you.
Below you can find the answers to some of the questions we often get asked by new customers:
We are conveniently located at the Dickson bus and tram interchange with plenty of public transport and parking available.
Our stylists are pretty awesome! As a result, our regular customers tend to book their appointments in advance (up to three appointments in advance!).
Our after-hours (4:00 pm onwards on weekdays) and weekend appointments always book out the fastest.
So, if it’s important to you to have an appointment at one of these sorts of times, we highly recommend booking a couple of appointments in advance, even if they are more than 12 weeks apart.
If you are flexible with times, we can usually fit you in with the stylist of your choice within two weeks. If we can’t fit you in at your desired time, we can put you on a waiting list. More about that below!
Life gets busy and things pop up, so sometimes people need to make changes to their appointments.
In cases where appointments suddenly become available, we’re fortunate enough to have a dedicated reception team who monitor the bookings carefully. If you’re on the waiting list for an appointment spot, and that spot comes up, you can be assured our team will get in touch with you by phone, text or email.
If we can’t get in touch with those on our cancellation list, we will advertise the available appointment times on social media.
We have always had to be quite strategic with our seating to avoid running out of chairs. Fast forward to 2020 and COVID-19 brought a whole new meaning to strategic seating.
Even though distancing has eased off, we would really appreciate you not bringing guests to your appointment as we have allocated seats for our scheduled clients.
If you would like to bring someone, it would be great if you could call ahead to see if we have space for them on that day.
If your children need to attend your appointment with you, it would be greatly appreciated if you could call ahead so we can make space for them to sit with you.
We have Wi-Fi available that they are welcome to use if they bring a device.
While kids are welcome at Eden Hair Energy, we ask that you please consider other guests and their experience while they are in the salons.a
Unfortunately, we are unable to have pets at our new DKSN salon, unless of course they are a service animal in which case we will always accommodate.
Coming in for a consultation before the day of your service appointment is recommended but not essential (as we will always consult at the time of your appointment).
If you fall into one of the following categories, coming in for a 15-minute consultation prior to making your booking would be best:
- New client
- Having a big change
- Unsure of what service you should book for
During your consultation you can meet your stylist, ask them any questions you have and they can assess your hair and provide a full quote.
Please be aware that the person you speak to on the phone when calling our salon is most likely from our reception team and may not be a hairdresser. Therefore, there is only so much information they can provide.
We don’t provide 100% quotes over the phone, email or social media or until we are able to see your hair in person. We do, however, provide a full and comprehensive price and services list. This can give you a good idea of what your service may cost.
We try to package things together as much as possible and also offer special rates for outside of peak times.
During your consultation, or on the day of your appointment before your service starts, we’ll provide you with a full, detailed quote so you can choose whether you’d like to proceed.
If you would like a full quote before you book your appointment, the only way we can do this is via an in-person consultation which you can book online or by giving us a call.
Yes, absolutely! With flexible work arrangements on the rise, we have many guests who plug in and do their work while we do their hair.
Don’t worry, we won’t be offended! If you need to keep tapping away we can both work at the same time!
We have wifi available as well as power and USB ports at each station and an endless supply of coffee.
Who would have ever thought that perms would make a comeback? Secretly us hairdressers always knew the time would be here one day.
A ‘perm’ is the name of a process which creates a ‘permanent’ wave in the hair.
There are still some amazing hairdressers who specialise in this service. We currently have just one stylist who offers this service, Maria.
If you are interested in getting a perm, you will first need to book in for a consultation by giving us a call.
Timing is everything when it comes to hair! We have been working on our booking systems and service over the past few years to ensure that we are able to run as efficiently as possible. In 2018, we added a reception team to our operation which has been a huge help to us in being able to honour your appointment time.
If you are running late to your appointment, please call us and let us know. Depending on how late you are will depend on how much of your service we are able to do when you arrive.
Because we have allocated the full amount of time to you and your service, if you are significantly late you may be charged for your full booked service rather than what we are able to do in the time that is remaining.
We send a text message requesting your appointment confirmation three (salon) business days before your booking date. If we don’t receive confirmation, we will attempt to call you, send an email and a follow up message.
If we have received confirmation of your appointment, we do expect that you will be attending.
If you don’t show to your appointment that you have confirmed, we will require a $50 booking deposit which will come off your next appointment (provided you don’t cancel or reschedule within 48 hours or no show) as well as a $50 no show fee.
We understand that life happens, but due to a significant number of occasions where this has occurred, we have been faced with no choice but to implement this policy.